This project aims to support the library sector to develop a united voice and advocate for shared interests to policy and funding decision-makers.
ADVOCATE provides professional development opportunities to library champions, helping them to build their advocacy skills, knowledge and experience.
The project also includes the development and implementation of an Advocacy Strategy. The Strategy aims to effectively position libraries to demonstrate the value of investing in the sector and establish the enormous benefits of the services libraries provide.
LEARN and LEAD
This project invests in building the skills of library teams across the state by providing a range of professional development opportunities for library staff. Building on the success of the 2014-2017 Workforce Development Program, this project supports continuous learning for staff delivering key services to the community, as well as emerging and established leaders.
Radical Libraries Mini-Conference (May 2018)
View presentations and recordings from this special event, featuring Canada’s Peter Macleod, founder, and principal of MASS LBP, as the international keynote speaker. These sessions demonstrate how libraries can be a catalyst for local democracy and participation.
This project extends the impressive work started by the READ program in 2014. The project recognises that public libraries play a key role in helping all Victorians to be literate and delivers strategies that improve reading for purpose and pleasure.
The Reading and literacy for all strategic framework lays out the unique role of public libraries in supporting and promoting reading for pleasure and addressing Victoria’s low literacy levels.
- Adult Literacy Seminar 2017 Presentations
- Reading and Literacy for All: Adult Literacy – Victorian Public Libraries in Action 2016
- Reading and Literacy for All: Industry Report 2015-2018
- Reading and Literacy for All: Adult Literacy Program Recommendations 2015
- Reading and Literacy for All: Early Years Literacy Quality Indicators 2018
- Reading and Literacy for All: Early Years Literacy Quality Indicators – Checklist
- Reading and Literacy for All: Early Years Literacy Quality Indicators – Checklist for Peer Assessment