For all positions see PLV Careers!
Moonee Valley Libraries
Position Title: Library Branch Team Leader
Permanent Full-Time Position Band 6: $88,928.45 – $98,762.95 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation. Salary commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: 11:45pm, Sunday 9 May 2021
About the Role
We are looking for a Team Leader who will be based primarily in our flagship branch, Sam Merrifield Library (Moonee Ponds). This role will oversee and manage the operations of that branch, as well as providing leadership in the Outreach portfolio for the library service.
You will contribute to the provision of a high-quality library service to the community, with a focus on managing the daily operations of the Sam Merrifield Library in Moonee Ponds. Working as part of Council’s Library and Learning leadership team, you will contribute to the planning, development and implementation of library policy and strategic direction across the municipality, with a particular focus on library outreach services.
- Uphold and communicate public library values such as the free flow of information and ideas, inclusion and equity and the provision of lifelong learning;
- Participate in the provision of the Library and Learning service as a member of the leadership team by providing input into policy and planning;
- Manage branch staff by providing advice, leadership and support, in addition to maintaining an annual review and staff development program;
- Facilitate the running of outreach programs and events; and,
- Ensure a high standard of customer service within branches.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (Librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a leadership position in public libraries;
- Ability to manage resources efficiently leading to the provision of excellent customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects on time and to budget;
- Expertise in the operation of library outreach activities;
- Well-developed skills in the use of Information Technology, online resources, software, computer and mobile technologies applicable in a library environment; and,
- Current Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain.
For further information, please contact Nicola Klein (03) 9243 1919
Download the full position description here.
How to apply
To apply, please visit https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=kwi4IfapecA=&jbc=ere
About Moonee Valley City Council’s Libraries