Whitehorse Manningham Regional Library Corporation
Library Services Support
Permanent Full Time
Band 4 $67,339 – $72,692 + Superannuation
Closing Date: 24/10/2021 11:00 pm
About the Role
Following some recent internal movement, Whitehorse Manningham Libraries is seeking an enthusiastic Library Services Support Officer that enjoys working in a busy environment. This role assists in the efficient and effective operation of branch library functions. The successful applicant will have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable working with a range of different technologies.
The successful applicant will:
• be committed to providing an excellent customer service environment
• have the ability to supervise staff, students and volunteers
• good organisational skills
• have strong communication and influencing skills
• demonstrate the ability to liaise with a diverse community
• have general administrative skills
• possess a strong interest in public libraries and community programs
• have the ability to work remotely if required
• have ALIA recognised library technician qualifications or relevant work experience
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to acquire a Working with Children Check card and must be willing to undergo a National Police Record Check.
Rostered weekend work and evening shifts are an essential component of this position, as is the ability to be able to work at any of the eight library locations. The position is currently located at the Doncaster Library.
WML offers the following benefits:
• Access to professional development opportunities that support our commitment to life-long learning and a skilled workforce
• Purchased leave arrangements and carry-over arrangements from the Local Government sector
• Employee Assistance Program for staff and their immediate family members
• Annual free flu vaccination
• Ability to salary sacrifice superannuation
All applicants are required to read the position description and candidate information pack prior to applying.
All applications must be submitted via the library website (preferred) or directly to email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter, resume and a response to the key selection criteria.
For further information, contact Jonathan Gosden on 9896 4320.
Applications close Sunday 24 October, 11:00pm
How to Apply
For all positions see PLV Careers!