State Library Victoria
Librarian, Information Services
Permanent Full Time
$73,842 – $81,753 plus 10.5% Superannuation
Closing Date: 30/03/2023 11:59 pm
About the Role
At State Library Victoria, we believe that access to information and stories builds knowledge, strengthens community and inspires our future. Our recent redevelopment transformed our services and spaces, enhancing our role as a driver of Victoria’s education, innovation, tourism and creative industries. As the world enters a time of unprecedented change, this capacity to transform and adapt has never been more important as we support the community to navigate a fundamentally changed, post-COVID-19 world.
– Seeking highly motivated individuals to provide high-quality services in an iconic location!
– 2 ongoing, full-time opportunities
– Remuneration at VPS 3.1 ($73,842 – $81,753) plus 10.5% Superannuation
About the Opportunity
Librarians facilitate the provision of high-quality services to meet the information needs of visitors.
Librarians are accountable for measurable outcomes including:
– Providing subject expertise in humanities, Victorian and Australian history and literature, arts, business, social sciences, government, law, science and technology
– Connecting onsite and offsite visitors to resources across the library’s historic and contemporary collections and information resources
– Delivering outstanding reference services through rostered desk shifts and extended enquiries
– Developing a range of proactive and engaging information resources including research guides and blogs, within the required timeframes and to agreed standards
– Developing, delivering and/or contributing to programming initiatives onsite and online
– Developing and maintaining broad knowledge of the Library’s collections, with subject or functional expertise within their field of specialisation.
With experience provisioning excellent reference services and interacting with visitors, the successful applicants will have a deep understanding of contemporary library and information management practice, including developments in reference and information services, collection development principles, metadata standards and information technology.
You will come to us with:
– Strong digital capability and computer skills
– Ability to research into a specific topic or issue to produce new knowledge
– Ability to prepare audio-visual and digital presentations and present them to a group of people in a formal and engaging manner
– Completion of a library and information science qualification conferring eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
– Specialist knowledge of the Library’s collecting areas (e.g. Victorian and Australian history and literature, arts, popular culture and the history of the book, world knowledge, family history) is highly desirable.
– State Library Victoria is a child-safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check will be required before commencing.
– State Library Victoria promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from cultural and linguistical diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ D/deaf, disabled, neurodiverse people of all ages and abilities to apply.
State Library Victoria offers flexibility in leave entitlements such as leave for personal, family, work and cultural commitments. Please find a link to our Enterprise Partnership Agreement 2020 for more information here.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to submit your application via Careers.Vic, attaching the following documents:
– Cover letter (maximum 3 pages) summarising how you meet the key selection criteria in the Position Description and the About You section of the advertisement.
For a confidential discussion about the opportunity, please contact Information Services Manager Leanne Easey on 8664 7169 or email email@example.com
For assistance with the application process, or to discuss options for internal transfers, please contact the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want all applicants to have an equal opportunity to demonstrate that they are the best person for the job. If you require an adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, or the provision of a particular access service, please contact our People team on email@example.com. If you are unable to make this deadline due to unforeseen personal circumstances, please get in contact to obtain a short extension to the deadline.
Advertisement closes at 11.59pm Thursday, 30 March 2023
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to submit your application via Careers.Vic
For further information contact: Leanne Easey firstname.lastname@example.org
For all positions see PLV Careers!