For all positions see PLV Careers!
Moreland Libraries – Coburg & Glenroy Libraries
Position title: Collection Services Librarian
Permanent, Part-time, Level 5, $75k to $85k + Super (pro-rata)
Closing date: 11.30pm Sunday, 25 July 2021.
In the event of high volume of interest in this role, we may close the advertisement before suggested close date.
About the Role
Moreland Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social interaction, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Librarian who is passionate about providing a high quality service to our diverse community.
In performing this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide great customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Supervise and support other team members. Assist with library events and activities. Assist with collection maintenance, cataloguing, procedure maintenance and vendor documentation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff to achieve team goals and objectives
- Demonstrable experience in customer service provision
- Demonstrable digital literacy skills
- Experience in cataloguing and process management
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
For more information please contact Zoe Velonis firstname.lastname@example.org 03 9353 4009
Download the position description here
How to Apply
Please apply by viewing the information on our website, https://www.moreland.vic.gov.au/my-council/careers-at-moreland/current-vacancies/ . Note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Driver’s Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application.