Moreland City Libraries
Adult/Information Services Librarian
Permanent Full Time
Band 5 $75,281.81 – $85,439.31 plus super per annum
Closing Date: 25/05/2022 05:00 pm
About the Role
Moreland City Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social connection, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Librarian who is passionate about providing a high quality service to our community.
In performing this role some of your key responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Organise and deliver programs for adults including reader development programs and talks on Local History. Conduct collection development work with our adult collections. Lead, motivate and coach members of the library team. Provide outreach to local organisations and other places to promote the services provided by the library.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
• Teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Ability to deliver projects and programs within agreed timeframes
• Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff to achieve team goals and objectives
• Demonstrable experience in targeted community-based library programs
• Demonstrable experience in information provision and collection management
• Fluency in a community language is desirable
• Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
• A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
How to Apply
via council website
In the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date.
You will be required to attach a valid copy of your Working with Children Check. Please have this ready when completing your application.
For all positions see PLV Careers!