Moreland City Libraries
Children's and Youth Services Librarian
Permanent Full Time
Band 5 $75,281.81 – $85,439.31 plus super per annum
Closing Date: 25/05/2022 05:00 pm
About the Role
Moreland City Libraries is a trusted community resource ensuring service provision to our families and young people. Currently, we are seeking a Children’s and Youth Services Librarian to provide high quality customer service, deliver early literacy programs, and provide meaningful engagement with our young people.
In performing this role some of your key responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide excellent customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Organise and deliver children’s and youth programs. Conduct collection development work with our children’s and youth collections. Supervise members of the Children’s and Youth Services team. Provide outreach to our schools, kindergartens, day care centres and other places where our families and young people gather.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
• Teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Ability to deliver projects and programs within agreed timeframes
• Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff to achieve team goals and objectives
• Demonstrable experience in targeted community-based library programs
• Demonstrable experience in information provision and collection management
• Fluency in a community language is desirable
• Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
• A current Victorian Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
How to Apply
via council website
In the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date.
Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Working with Children Check. Please have this ready when completing your application.
For all positions see PLV Careers!