For all positions visit PLV Careers!
Melton City Libraries
Position Title: Customer Service Library Technician
Part Time Permanent, 7.67 hours per week (Saturday & Sunday) Salary range $63,770-$67,608 pa pro rata + 9.5% super
Closing Date: 5.00pm AEDT 19 Feb 2021
About the Role
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service in the Libraries and Arts service unit, the role of Customer Service Library Technician is key to delivering priority areas for Melton City Libraries as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include:
- Delivering high quality customer service across the library service
- Proactively engage with customers to maximise their use of resources, equipment, technology and online platforms
- Contributing to maintenance and development of the library collection
- Supporting the delivery of learning, literacy and outreach programs across the library service and at external locations by facilitating and delivering programs as required
Weekly hours include Saturday from 11.30am–4.00pm and Sunday afternoons from 12.50-4.00pm, penalty rates apply.
The Customer Service Library Technician will:
- Ensure customers have a positive experience in our Library and Learning Hubs by delivering high quality customer service
- Support the learning outcomes of residents by assisting in the use of resources, technology and online library platforms, and delivering literacy and learning programs.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A post-secondary qualification acceptable for technician membership of the Australian Library and Information Association together with experience, or lesser qualification together with relevant public library and program delivery experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to confidently and actively engage with customers.
- Strong written communication skills
- Well-developed computer and information technology skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise routine functions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
For further information, please contact Hayley Martin, Team Leader Library Hub & Customer Service on 9747 5224.
Download the Position Description here..
How to Apply
Visit the Melton City Vacancies https://meltoncity-vacancies.applynow.net.au/
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.