Melton City Libraries
Literacy and Learning Facilitator (Youth and Education)
Permanent Full Time
Band 5 Salary Range $71,280 to $82,081 per annum + 10.5% Super + RDO
Closing Date: 02/12/2022 05:00 pm
About the Role
Melton City Libraries is seeking a highly motivated professional, passionate about working with and for our young community.
In this role, you will develop, deliver, and evaluate an innovative range of engagement programs, creative activities, and initiatives to support positive youth interaction in Council’s Library and Learning Hubs. Also develop and build strategic partnerships with education institutions in the municipality that develop awareness of library services and create opportunities for improved learning outcomes.
This position is a permanent, fulltime position based on a 35-hour week, including a regular evening and 1:4 Saturday mornings.
– Provide leadership to staff in the delivery of high-quality customer service across the library service to ensure customers have a positive experience characterised by active engagement
– Participate in rostered library customer service shifts at library facilities or outreach points and proactively engage with customers to maximise their use of resources, equipment, technology, and online platforms.
– Liaise with secondary and tertiary education providers to deliver a consistent approach to student and industry work experience across the library service, including the development of student placement programs.
– Provide input into the development and maintenance of library collections through specialist knowledge of education and community needs in relation to area of responsibility.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
– A tertiary qualification in either professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association or in Youth work, Education or Community Development together with relevant experience in public libraries.
– Experience working in an education or learning environment.
– Experience in program development and delivery for young people.
– A passion for community engagement, with a customer-centric approach to your work.
How To Apply
For more information and to view the PD, please visit https://applynow.net.au/jobs/MEL603-literacy-and-learning-facilitator-youth-and-education
If you require further information about the position, please contact Emma White, Coordinator Library and Arts Activation on 9747 5919.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 2 December 2022
How to Apply
For all positions see PLV Careers!