Senior Coordinator Library Services Footscray, Australia
Permanent Full Time
Band 8 ($115,346 to $128,469) plus 10% Super plus monthly Accrued Day Off
Salary sacrificed vehicle provision available
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
An outstanding leadership opportunity awaits you at Maribyrnong City Council as the Senior Coordinator Library Services. Reporting to the Manager, Libraries Arts and Culture, you will be directly responsible for leading the library team to deliver a range of high quality, responsive, contemporary and innovative library services for the City of Maribyrnong. You will be responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of library services including service development and business planning, policy development and implementation, staff management, administration and budget. You will play a critical role in the achievement of service priorities and quality service performance management.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to customer service and effective management of library facilities and resources.
- As a member of the library management team, collaboratively lead the organisation and deliver the strategic plans and projects as determined by the service and Council’s strategic goals.
- Within the context of the Library Strategic Plan, develop, implement and review service wide professional development programs, plans, policies and procedures for management of staff, facilities and resources.
- Champion a ‘Customer First’ culture across the library service by developing a proactive customer service model and oversight of a centralised, coordinated and cost effective approach to rostering and management of staff.
- Lead staff in the development and delivery of high quality Library and Information Services and programs across the library service that meet the changing needs of the community, activate library spaces and increase reading, information and digital literacy outcomes for the community.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification which confers eligibility for professional membership to the Australian Library and Information Association and substantial senior library management experience.
- Strategic planning and policy development skills with proven capacity to play a strategic leadership and motivational role in the provision of services.
- An understanding of library management practices relating to library program delivery and frameworks, library outreach and engagement services, and demonstrated understanding of the capacity of technology to deliver innovative library and learning environments.
This role also requires:
- A current Victorian Drivers License.
- A current Working with Children Check Card.
- No relevant criminal record found in a police check
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible work environment;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an Accrued Day Off every month;
- Salary sacrifice vehicle option.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
How to Apply
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter via our Careers website outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria position defined in the position description in support of your application by 10:00pm on Sunday, 26 September 2021.
To download a copy of the position description please visit us at: https://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5646926.
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Enquiries: Michael Byrne, Manager Libraries Arts and Culture on 0418 550 650.
Applications Close: 26 Sep 2021