Library Support Officer Technology and Systems
Permanent Part Time
3 Days plus weekends as rostered
Library Band 4 Salary range – $66,763 – $71,748 per annum
Closing Date: 28/10/2021
About the Role
We are seeking a Library Support Officer – Technology and Systems to join the Kingston Libraries team. Reporting to the Collections and IT Team Leader Kristina Purcell, your role is to:
– Undertake a range of administrative tasks to ensure Information Technologies at the branch libraries operates efficiently.
– Represent Kingston Libraries by communicating with Library users and the community, performing circulation desk duties, and educating users on new and existing library facilities, technology and equipment in a manner that meets customer expectations.
– Investigate, evaluate, and deliver improvements to Kingston Libraries technology, systems, processes, programming, and services.
– Train staff to up skill and the community on new technology.
– Have a passion and knowledge for technology to support library staff in offering an Exceptional Customer Service Experience – One that is accessible, supportive, and educational
– Assist in administrative IT tasks including the Library website and creating training documentation
– Undertake rostered customer service desk shifts including weekend and evenings, performing a range of tasks that support customers
You will have:
– Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration
– Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
– Demonstrated Skills in supporting technology in the community.
– Experience in working in a library or other customer focused environment preferred.
– Ability to problem solve and respond to IT issues to support staff
– A keen interest and curiosity for new technologies and their applications in libraries.
What we can offer
This is a part-time (0.6 FTE) permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, abilities and attitude to take on this position click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Kristina Purcell, Collections & IT Team Leader on 1300 135 668 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential : Do you hold a current driver's licence which allows you to drive within Victoria?
Essential : Are you willing to undertake a Working with Children Check? Please note, you will need to organise and pay for this if you are successful in progressing to the pre-employment stage of the recruitment process for this position. If you already have a Working with Children Check you will be required to add the City of Kingston as an employer if you are successful for this position.
Essential : Do you hold the qualifications required in the position outlined in the position description?
Essential : Have you had a vaccination for Covid19?
For all positions see PLV Careers!