For all positions see the PLV Careers page – https://www.plv.org.au/careers/
Position Title: Librarian
Part time – 14hrs per week. Weekends and evening shifts. Band 5 $75,452 pa pro-rata
Closing: January 19th 2021
About the Role
Hume Libraries is looking for a qualified librarian who has a passion for libraries whilst providing outstanding customer service to the Hume community. This part-time, 2 day a week position is currently based at our Craigieburn Library. Reporting to the Team Leader – Craigieburn and Mobile Libraries and working with other team members, you will have strong skills in communication with an ability to plan, deliver and report on the outcomes of programs.
To be successful in the role, you will have a firm understanding of the role libraries play in a community setting and have skills in using a variety of computer systems including library management systems and RFID equipment.
- Undertake regular customer service shifts including 1-night shift until 8pm every Thursday and 1 Saturday morning in 4 as rostered
- Performing cash reconciliation as required
- Assisting customers with IT queries including printing and scanning of documents
- Demonstrating library applications and e-resources to customers
- Collection maintenance duties as directed by the team leader
- Undertake planning and delivering program activities
Skills and experience
- Graduate Diploma in Information Management or equivalent, facilitating eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- Experience in a public library or similar environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in electronic and print-based information resources
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and deliver programs
- Strong customer service skills with an ability to deal with challenging customers and present a positive Council image
- Knowledge and skills in collection management
- Sound written and verbal communication skills including the ability to gain cooperation from and communicate with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to convey computer and library literacy to the community
- Ability to develop working relationships with staff and work together in a team environment
- Current driver’s license and Working with Children’s check
For further information contact Vivien Marjono firstname.lastname@example.org 9356 6119
Download the Position Description here.
How to Apply
Visit the Hume City Council’s Jobs and Opportunities website.