Geelong Regional Libraries
Mobile Library Officer
Permanent Part Time
Band 4 $61,790 – $66,717 plus superannuation
Closing Date: 22/10/2021 06:00 pm
About the Role
If you enjoy visiting beautiful remote locations near the sea, farming communities and the bush, are passionate about strengthening communities and understand the role of public libraries then this role might be for you!
This role will involve the operation of two Mobile Library Vehicles (Synchro and Automatic) in order to deliver much needed library resources to remote communities located within the five member councils. You will need to have a sound understanding of public libraries and its resources, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers in order to provide resources both physical and online. As part of your role, you will be visiting multiple communities throughout the week including a fortnightly Saturday in Anglesea.
You will be responsible for but not limited to;
• Assist in the delivery of library services within member councils by operating mobile libraries as required.
• Ensure collections and the vehicle are presented and maintained in an attractive, orderly, safe and secure manner promoting usage
• Assist and advise members to access information and materials
• As part of the overall library services team, provide high quality, community focused library & information services and programs through the issuing, returning, display, shelving and promoting of library materials and the delivery of programs
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• A proven ability to strictly follow and comply with company policies and procedures
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Excellent communication
• A demonstrated ability to interact with members of the public
• Significant experience working autonomously
This is a hands-on role that requires a current Heavy Rigid Driving Licence as well as a sound knowledge of GRLC policies and procedures and the ability to work independently.
If you want to join an ambitious team and work in an organisation that defines success as being an inclusive and safe place for our community, then get in touch!
Applications should be made via our website www.grlc.vic.gov.au where you will find the Position Description the application process is detailed.
Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description will not be considered.
Applications Close Friday 22 October 2021
How to Apply
Via our website
For all positions see PLV Careers!