Geelong Regional Libraries
Venue Operations Assistant
As required by the roster which is informed by venue operations and event bookings and does include early morning and late evenings on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
Band 4A $31.27 plus 25%
Closing Date: 21/01/2022 06:00 pm
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Geelong Regional Library Corporation as Venue Operations Assistant and work from its head office located at the iconic Geelong Library and Heritage Centre in the heart of Geelong’s Cultural Precinct.
This opportunity calls for excellent customer service experience, a can-do attitude, an eye for detail and a passion for events and a creative problem-solving mindset.
In this dynamic role, no one day will be like the other due to our diverse venues’ operations from corporate functions, conferences, gala evenings, weddings, commercial and community events, as well as our vast internal program of events and activities.
The successful candidate will be joining a high performing, multi-functioned team that champions customer experience, accessibility, self-development, creativity, innovation, diversity, and inclusion.
To be successful for the role, you possess:
• Industry experience in venues, arts, hospitality, conference and event operations and/or delivery
• Excellent customer experience skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Audio visual skills and experience will be highly regarded
• Excellent organisational and decision-making skills
• Able to multitask and prioritise
• Dependable, mature, responsible and can work alone and in a team
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement while modelling behaviours in line with GRLC values.
• Minimum requirements of availability to be considered for GRLC venue hire casual is 10 hours over a fortnight period at times that align with venue operations and activity, including early morning and late evenings on weekdays, weekends and public holidays. Failure to meet these minimum requirements may result in permanent removal from the casual pool.
In return, you will receive many benefits from us including:
• As a learning organisation, we are committed to personal and professional growth and provide ample professional development opportunities
• Every single role at GRLC contributes to meet the needs of our community, your role makes a difference for our members
• As a value-based and caring employer, we also offer purchase leave arrangements, carry-over arrangements from Local Government sector, local Employee Assistance Program and annual free vaccination reimbursement.
Expressions of interest are to be made to Shane Brown, People Coordinator via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close COB Friday, 21 January 2022
How to Apply
Via our website
For all positions see PLV Careers!