Library Technology and Systems Officer
Permanent Full Time
Band 5 Circa $74,000 per annum plus super
Closing Date: 09/10/2022 11:30 pm
About the Role
Darebin Libraries is an innovative and progressive library service and we are currently seeking a person who is passionate about maintaining and supporting library systems and technology. This will be achieved through collaboration and the pursuit of best practice ensuring library technology services are relevant and accessible to the community. You will be involved in the delivery and support of systems and solutions that enable and enhance the Darebin communities’ access to and use of technology. The Technology and Systems team has responsibility for all public facing library solutions and infrastructure. This role is a great opportunity to develop your skills in a variety of disciplines including systems and network administration, project management and supplier relationships Reporting to the Team Leader Technology and Systems, the position is responsible to:
• Support, maintain and implement all library technology and systems.
• Provide network and server administration of Darebin Libraries infrastructure
• Build effective relationships with a range of partners including suppliers, council departments and library teams
• Support the teams' goal of innovation through investigating new solutions and emerging technologies.
Skills & Experience
• A tertiary qualification in Information Systems and Technology (or related discipline) or less formal qualifications with relevant work skills and experience working with computer systems, server and networks, delivering training and service desk support.
• Experience in supporting technology in a face to face environment including producing documentation and training notes
• Experience with systems administration in a virtual server environment and knowledge of network troubleshooting and administration
• Ability to create and deliver targeted communications in a variety of formats and at the appropriate knowledge level.
• Skilled at building internal and external partnerships to develop cross functional relationships to gain support and build capacity to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage tasks often under pressure and with competing priorities and expectations of stakeholders. • Awareness of Library Technology Solutions such as RFID, Library Management Systems and Print Management Solutions
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program – Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter through the council portal. We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs. Contact Fiona Rosselli, Team Leader Technology and Systems on 8470 8953 for a confidential discussion.
For all positions see PLV Careers!