Library Collections Team leader (PN 11563)
Brimbank Community & Civic Centre, Hampshire Road Sunshine
Permanent Full Time
Library Band, 35 Hour Week, Fortnightly RDO $98981.08 – $110112.80
Closing Date: 18/02/2023 05:00 pm
About the Role
The City of Brimbank is located in the western and north-western suburbs of Melbourne, between 11 and 23 kilometres west and north-west of the Melbourne CBD. Brimbank is culturally diverse and currently experiencing currently experiencing strong residential, industrial and commercial development.
About Brimbank Libraries
Brimbank Libraries provide inclusive, accessible and welcoming spaces for people to learn, create, socialise, and share ideas and resources.
We are a dynamic public library service with over two million visits each year. The libraries are based at Sunshine, St Albans, Deer Park, Sydenham and Keilor.
Our library website receives over one million visits per year.
Brimbank Libraries offer a range of services and programs to the community to support lifelong learning, literacy and community development.
Are you ready to be part of our dynamic and responsive team contributing to the ongoing vision of Brimbank Libraries?
About the role
Bring your passion for library collections and be part of the progressive library team at Brimbank to provide residents, workers and visitors with access to a relevant and engaging range of material.
This exciting opportunity exists for a motivated professional with strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, and a collaborative and inclusive approach.
Reporting to the Senior Library Unit Coordinator, this position holds responsibility for managing all aspects of the library collection, including: contracts, budgets, workflows, promotion and managing the Collections Team. You will develop initiatives that maximise collections’ utilisation and report on the performance of all collections against agreed targets.
To succeed in this position, you will have a community first approach with:
• A tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), together with extensive experience in leadership
• A strong knowledge of contemporary collection development practices and proven experience and high level analytical and conceptual capability
• Sound business acumen with demonstrated financial management skills, including contract management and budget preparation and management
• Highly developed project management skills, with demonstrated ability to plan, implement, manage and deliver improvement in processes, procedures and policies;
• Great leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate a team in an environment of continuous improvement
• Demonstrated understanding of reader development principles, and proven ability to work strategically to meet and exceed the expectations of library customers and
• Demonstrated understanding of marketing and promotion principles in relation to collections.
Experience working within Local Government is preferred but not mandatory.
A Position Description for this role is attached. To apply, you must apply online and include your updated Resume, Cover Letter and your response to the Key Selection Criteria. We look forward to receiving your application. Please note applications will close at 5pm on the date as listed. For your queries regarding the role or job application please contact Pam Giumarra Senior Library Coordinator on 9249 4170
How to Apply
via council website
For all positions see PLV Careers!