For all positions see PLV Careers!
Community Engagement and Member Experience Lead (Based in Kooyong)
Temporary (12 month contract) Full time (38hr week). $73,329 starting salary + Super + Salary Packaging
Closing Date: 23 Feb 2021
About the Role
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies, project briefs and programs for community engagement and service wide promotion;
- Coordinate the partnerships with public libraries, educational institutions, community groups and allied organisations;
- Coordinate the delivery of library outreach programs and presentations to ensure appropriate and adequate staffing;
- Work with the marketing department to develop Library marketing collateral in line with the VA branding story;
- Arrange and supervise volunteers to assist with identified supporting tasks within the Community Engagement functions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum requirement is eligibility for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association with relevant experience in coordinating community engagement and promotional functions within a wider library environment;
- Public library experience;
- Experience in networking and building partnerships and attracting new members to our library community;
- Experience in designing and hosting successful community engagement events;
- Skills in using and promoting services via Social Media, particularly Twitter and Facebook.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
For further information, please contact Sarah Bloedorn 03 9864 9486
Download the Position Description here.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process here.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.