For all positions see PLV Careers!
Moreland City Libraries
Position title: Multicultural Services Librarian
Fixed term until 31 December 2021, Part time – 43 hrs per fortnight. Includes evenings and weekends. Band 5 $75K-$85K
Closing date: Sunday 25 July, 11.30pm
In the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date.
About the Role
Moreland Libraries are about more than just books. Our libraries are vibrant neighbourhood hubs offering social interaction, cultural interactions and learning opportunities. We are seeking a Librarian who is passionate about providing a high quality service to our diverse community.
In performing this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to engage with our diverse community to provide great customer service. Assist with library initiatives to bridge the digital divide. Supervise and support other team members. Organise programs and activities targeting people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and promoting multicultural themes to the wider community. Select library materials in community languages and assist with collection maintenance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Teamwork, supervisory and communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff to achieve team goals and objectives
- Demonstrable experience in customer service provision
- Demonstrable digital literacy skills
- Experience with website content management and social media
- Experience in organising community-based programs
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- A current Working with Children Check
- Fluency in a community language is desirable
For more information please contact Narelle Stute Ph. 9353 4010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the position description here.